Rhode Island’s first

personalized blended
learning school.

By design.

The school is the first of its kind in Rhode Island; a high school which uses a “blended learning” model of on-line curriculum and in-classroom teaching. Students are in “workshop” working with teachers about 40% of the time and on-line or in advisory and reading groups the other 60%. Teachers at Village Green work with students when there is a skill or strategy that cannot be mastered in the on-line curriculum. The major goal of the “bricks and mortar virtual school” is that teachers are freed from designing and assessing lessons and can turn their attention to targeting the learning needs of each student. Our school’s design places students in classes when there is a skill or strategy they need to master.

Teachers specialize in data analysis and skill gap intervention and students learn at their own pace in a very technology rich environment. For this reason, no day at Village Green is routine; students will work on some subjects longer than others if they need to and teachers will work with different groups of students depending on which students need to learn the same skill at that point in their lessons.